Thursday, June 4, 2009

xc and the eye drops


I'm writing this post today because I wasn't allowed to work with a computer yesterday.

I've been having problems with my eyes ever since I arrived here. In winter, whenever I went out, my eyes would tear up. I thought it was because of the cold air blowing directly to my eyes. But spring came, and it still continued to occur. I may have helped the irritation by rubbing it every once in a while (read: most of the time). It mostly felt like I had sand in my eyes.

Then yesterday morning I was having trouble opening my eyes. Oh no!!!

So I had to go to the doctor and tell her what was bothering me. But since she was not an ophthalmologist and didn't have the equipment, she couldn't do more than give me prescription drops, give me the contact details of an ophthalmologist, and tell me to not to forget to blink when working with the computer, and to rest my eyes for the day. Ha!

I could have figured that out for myself except that I wasn't sure if Visine was available here.

I called up the ophthalmologist's office to get an appointment. It's crazy how they don't accept more patients here...are they afraid of making more money?? I think it's way easier to see a doctor in Manila that it is here. It also helps that your mom is a nurse and has a regular list of doctors up her sleeve.

But anyway, I was able to get a rendez-vous... 2 weeks from now. I guess I'd just have to deal with using these eye drops for 2 weeks before getting a real diagnosis.

The good news is that G went out and bought me a spanking new pair of shades!! Yay!!



** I just read that this might be the dry eye syndrome and is more common in women...

when the lacrimal glands work overtime to try to compensate for inadequate production of the mucus or oily layer. But the resulting tears do not adhere well to the eye surface, and it remains dry.


peace, luv & no more tears,
xc

1 comment:

Mai da Paypay said...

me too! i have weird goings on with my eyes, and i'm sure it's because of spending too much time in front of the computer. what I do these days is I try to look away (out the window) from time to time para maiba ang scene.