Thursday, May 21, 2009

xc and the search for humex

As I said on the last post, I have developed rashes on my hands due to excessive drinking. The urge to scratch it was too much that I immediately had to buy antihistamine to counter the effects of the allergy. I don't want to end up with nasty hands. Plus G wouldn't let me hold his hands anymore if that happens.

So off I went in search of the nearest pharmacy. I was also stupid enough to be wearing really high heels and the paved streets of Le Marais are not high heel friendly...at all! After reaching the first closed pharmacy I started to become worried. Only then did I realize that holiday means closed pharmacies and that also meant more walking in search for the pharmacie de garde. There should always be at least 1 open pharmacy in the area. But with my heels it was going to be a challenge.

Luckily I passed by a store with those cutie gladiator sandals on sale. Long story short I came out of the shoe store with a new spring to my step...ready to face the challenge of finding that pharmacy.

After a few blocks I found one just beside the Monoprix. Success! But all they had was Humex and it was not anti-drowsiness or however you call it. But I was desperate. I didn't want to spend my entire break searching for stupid antihistamine. Although I should have because after taking the meds I really really wanted to lie down and sleep.

But the good news is that I am allergy itching free. It even looks like the rashes are becoming thinner. I should have listened to my mom when she told me to always have antihistamine in my purse.

How did she know I'd need it sooner than later?? Did she secretly think that her daughter is a drunkard?? Or maybe she just knows me too well...



peace and luv,
xc

No comments: