Friday, May 22, 2009

xc and the extreme friday

It's another sunny day and the Parisians are out and about. The Place des Vosges looked like a sea of people at a music festival. G, who is on holiday, picked me up from work. We bought a couple of macarons chez Gerard Mulot (I still think La Duree is better) and ate them under the sun at the park just behind Musee Carnavalet. We walked along the Seine from Bastille to Ile Saint Louis. We wanted to get some gelato at Berthillon but the line outside was uber long so we just kept on walking until Notre Dame and got the metro at Ile de la Cite.

It was a pleasure finally being able to do little walks like that specially after a long day at work. Although I didn't appreciate it that much in the end because even though I wore my new fab find sandals, after walking for hours in pave-d roads, I obviously ended up having sore feet.

But all's well that ends well. For dinner G made a lovely salad and I of course made a lovelier dessert!! (G's surely going to say 'dis-donc!!', but whatever). I had a nice end-of-Friday Friday.

This weekend, if the weather stays as nice as today we'll surely go on a picnic somewhere. If not, we're surely going to spend the entire weekend in bed...and I'm not against that either.

espresso extreme


extreme...praline covered vanilla ice cream with a meringue in the center




peace, luv, & a happy weekend,
xc

No comments: