Wednesday, May 20, 2009

xc and the rare sunny day

What a beautiful sunny day. It finally feels like spring.
Too bad I'm stuck in an office the whole day.

Although I was sorely tempted to sit on the grass and have lunch at the Place des Vosges. But there were just too many people and it's just so loser-y to do a picnic alone.

After a very long and horrid winter I feel like I need to catch every single ray of sunlight I get these days. It's nearly summer and I still see people wear boots while I go to work in flip-flops. Okay maybe that argument doesn't count because I pulled out the trusty Havaianas the minute I felt the slightest tinge of heat come through the nasty wintery clouds.

Plus everyone has been posting beach pictures on Facebook and I am soooo jealous! We went to the beach for the May 1 weekend but we were facing the English channel, so duh! No swimming nor sunbathing on the beach took place. I tanned doing garden work at L's house.

My body clock also keeps forgetting that they have 4 seasons here. The inner xc has been shouting "Ultimate Summer Getaway" since March. Gah!

In fairness, they say it's really odd that it's still cold and rainy in May. But if today's weather keeps it up, we'll soon see more and more Parisians half naked in public parks. Hooray! And I can finally stock away my bulky jackets and coats and say hello to fabulous summer dresses.

At least for the next 4 months or so...





peace and luv,
xc

No comments: