Sunday, May 17, 2009

xc and the first year

yummy flowers with cotton bulbs (i don't know how it's called)

Guess who turned 1 today???


Uh-huh. I've been a missus for a year now. How fast time flies. It still feels like yesterday, rushing papers to various government agencies, the infamous pamamanhikan, the rainy Palawan days with G's family, Tata M's accident in El Nido, and the rainy ceremony. It's been a year!!

I can't say that everything has been easy but it's definitely worth it. We are still getting used to each other's tics and weird rituals (note to self: never steal G's toilet time again). I get frustrated when G strews his socks all over the apartment and I get back at him by hiding them under his pillow...and he gets back at me by hiding more under mine. I still get kilig and giggle like a school girl when G makes pa-cute. It sounds so cheesy and I end up doing things I never imagined myself doing.

And to celebrate, we didn't exchange super mega expensive gifts but we shared the moment with close friends, had a wonderful time, and partied all night!! Okay, maybe we partied too much and I ended up spending most of today in bed and my old alcohol allergies decided it was a great time to visit me once again.

Also, they said the first anniversary is represented by cotton. So the girls gave me a lovely bouquet with the cotton plant in it. It also had lilies in them which coincidentally were the flowers in my bridal bouquet. But after some research, it turns out that cotton is actually for the 2nd year and the first year is symbolized by Paper!!

So I guess the real gift should be the paper the bouquet was wrapped in. But I'll keep the flowers anyway just because they're adorable.



peace & lots of anniversary luv,
xc

No comments: