Wednesday, May 13, 2009

xc and the berry fromage blanc

One thing about the French is that they Love, yes with a capital L, their dairy products. What a revelation in the land of cheese ey? But I never realized how important their produits laitiers is to them until G told me that we absolutely need one after every meal. Ugh! It means that we need to have a steady stock of various types of yogurts, fromage blancs, faisselles and other types of milk products. Products I'm not really a fan of...aside from the creme a la vanille and the Danette and the riz au lait that is. I Hate, with a capital H, plain yogurt and those sour fromage blancs.

Until one day, while strolling at the Galeries Lafayette Gourmet store, we stumbled upon one a lady giving out samples of home made fromage blanc with fresh strawberries. Y-u-m-m-y! But I've never bought any of that stuff since then because aside from being overly expensive, it's hard to find that home made stuff in normal supermarkets.

Yesterday while doing some grocery shopping I remembered that we still had left over red fruits stocked away in the freezer and thought that this would be a great time to make my own semi-homemade berry fromage blanc. And I was right!!

A super yummy, simple, easy, no fuss dessert:

What you'll need:
-fromage blanc
-honey
-fresh/frozen red berries
-a sprig of mint for decorating

What to do:
-pour fromage blanc in a bowl, add honey and sprinkle on fresh berries.
-mix and deguster


bon appetit!



peace & luv,
xc

No comments: